MY CELL PHONE – A PRISONER NO MORE!
by Dan O’Deens – July 7, 2022
It’ so addicting. If I leave home without it… I feel naked. I feel unconnected. Does my cell phone have that much control over me?
“I have the right to do anything,” you say—but not everything is beneficial. “I have the right to do anything”—but I will not be mastered by anything. 1 Corinthians 6:12
GUILTY…I am guilty. There are times when I am a prisoner to my cell phone. They call it a ‘CELL’ phone for a reason. When I sacrifice screen time over face time I devalue relationship. Let’s learn to keep the main thing the main thing and the main thing is relationships.
Only two things last forever…the Word of God and people. Let’s invest our time in what matters most.
The Cell Phone vs. The Bible
- Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
- What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets? (youversion allowed)
- What if we flipped through it several time a day?
- What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
- What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
- What if we treated it like we couldn’t live without it?
- What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
- What if we used it when we traveled?
- What if we used it in case of emergency?
What if it set us FREE instead of enslaving us?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5,6
Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me. Psalm 119:105.
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1,
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8