HOW TO WIN WINNERS not WHINERS
- Strategically build relationships – To win average people you provide compassion and care…To win winners you need a vision and strategy.
- Market a Challenging Vision – You gotta turn them on! You gotta give them a cause!
- Uniquely placing them in to your cause to “Maximize” their gifts and talents.
- GIVE THEM OWNERSHIP…let them fail…lead….make decisions….Quit micro-managing.
- Be a WINNER yourself! QUIT WHINING! Fix the Problems – Not the Blame!
Thanks for the reminder for us leaders. We are in the business of influencing those around us. While I’d like for all of those I influence to be ‘winners’ – I know sometimes the ‘whiners’ can override and discourage our role.
I’ve underestimated vision and strategy too many times. In fact, I’d take vision over strategy any day. Strategy is without purpose if a clear and compelling vision isn’t behind it.
My job as a ‘talent broker’ is to place people with gifts and abilities in such a way so that the WHOLE will be of more value than the individual parts. If I can demonstrate to followers they are contributing to the vision in a real way and are an important part of the strategy to make the vision a reality – they will rarely whine.
Great feedback. I like the ‘talent broker’ It’s been a long time….hope you are doing well and the ministry is thriving with all those ‘winners’. By the way, winners wanna follow winners!